Hosting the perfect dinner party is an art that not all hosts are born with. Sure, there’s plenty of advice out there about how to host the perfect dinner party, but there are still some mistakes that even seasoned hosts make. And if you’ve never hosted a dinner party before, where do you start? Let Inspired Occasions help you learn how to host the perfect dinner party by sharing these tips to planning the perfect dinner party and inspiration for your own unique touches that will impress your guests and make them want to come back again and again!
Preparing for a party is a lot of work. It’s not just the day of the party that you need to think about – it’s the days leading up to it. What can you do in advance? Check out these tips:
- Clean the House: Empty the dishwasher, take out the trash, and Put away all breakable items (unless they’re part of your décor)
- Rearrange the Furniture: If you’re hosting a dinner party at your home, you’ll want to rearrange furniture to allow for mingling and lounging. Lay out throws and scatter pillows on sofas and chairs to create cozy spaces. Make sure all of your guests will have enough room to walk around without bumping into each other.
- Adjust the Lighting: Lighting is a very important aspect of hosting a dinner party. Mood and ambiance lighting can set the tone for your event, as well as make it easier for guests to find their way around your home. Candles and lanterns are two popular options for creating ambiance lighting. If you choose candles, be sure to place them in holders that will keep them from tipping over or blowing out during gusts of wind or other unexpected occurrences.
- Plan Music: It is important to have a variety of music for your guests. The type of music should depend on the mood you want to set. You can create a playlist or choose an artist that has different types of songs. For example, if you want people to be dancing, then you could add Beyonce and Michael Jackson as your background music during dinner. If you want people to be more relaxed, then Marvin Gaye or John Legend would work well as background music during dinner.
- Find the Perfect Outfit: This is one of the most important steps in hosting a dinner party. Make sure you are wearing clothes that are appropriate for the occasion and will be comfortable. You don’t want to be uncomfortable because your outfit is too tight or too revealing, especially if you’ll be spending all night talking and being social. For men, formal attire is usually the best option; for women, a cocktail dress might work best.
Hire Inspired Occasions
We can customize your menu based on your needs and desires. We provide help and support throughout the entire process from planning, shopping, cooking and serving. We will also ensure that you have a stress-free evening by providing all of the necessary party equipment.
The table settings at your dinner party should match the theme and the cuisine. For a more formal occasion, you may want to serve a multi-course meal with wine. This type of dinner party would be best served on a table set with fine china and linens. For an informal gathering or family dinner, you might want to serve finger foods and snacks on paper plates or bowls. You can still have beautiful decorations and table settings, but they might be less formal than the former example.
We are the event company you need to help you pull off the perfect dinner party. Our staff is excellent, chefs, and servers will make your party a success! We’ll help with all aspects of the party, from setting up and cooking to clean-up and more. Allow yourself to enjoy the party and we’ll take care of the food, décor, and service. We offer you a hassle-free evening where you can enjoy your guests and not worry about the details.